Advanced Letters of Credit
(Conducted in English)
Transportation of goods from exporter to importer involves many third-party companies such as shipping agents, bankers and insurance companies, just to name a few. As such, it is important to learn how to protect your company’s interest against cases of fraud, and be aware of the risks that your company may be exposed to.
• Risks & Legal Issues in Letters of Credit (L/C)
• Fraud & Recent Developments
• Special Types of L/C
o How They Work;
o Types of Special L/C;
o Their Technical Variations.
• Back-to-Back L/C and Transferable L/C
• How to Match Terms & Terms with an Export L/C
• Assessing Risks under Standby L/C
• Recent Cases from the ICC – Methods for Settling Disputes on Documentary Credits
• Queries and Responses from ICC with regards to UCP 600
• Recent L/C Court Cases
This course is for personnel (Traders, Importers, Exporters, Shipping Agents etc) who are already familiar with trade documentations such as Letters of Credit, UCP600 etc.
Assessment and Certificate
Participants who fulfil at least 75% attendance for the whole course will be awarded Certificate of Attendance.
There is no assessment for this course.
S$350 + GST (Members)
S$400 + GST (Non-Members)
SDF grant is available for company-sponsored applicants. Please visit www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
Up to $500 Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP) benefits for NTUC Union Members. Please visit http://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg.
Total Training Hours
47 Hill Street 8th Floor
Singapore Chinese Chamber Commerce and Foundation Building
|Advanced Letter of Credit
||20/05/2013 & 21/05/2013
(Monday & Tuesday)
|9.30am to 5.30pm